US Copyright Office U.S. Copyright Office, NewsNet Issue 655
Digital Music News After Burning $2.57 million in 1.5 Years, Dart Music Declares Bankruptcy
• Billboard Latin Music Awards - finalists announced • What Happened In Latin Music In 2016? • Universal Music Publishing and Roc Nation Latin partner for the Latin Market • Gilberto Santa Rosa Sets Guinness World Record for Most No. 1s on Billboard's Tropical Albums Chart • Latin American Music Awards 2016: Idina Menzel, Franco de Vita, La Santa Cecilia & more set to perform
View All Entries
• Copyright Alliance Asks President Trump To Strengthen Protections • Copyright Royalty Board Cost-of-Living Adjustments Take Effect • Two Former Heads of the US Copyright Office Send Letter Defending Maria Pallante • Librarian of Congress Fails to Alert Oversight Committees of Massive Abuse of Copyright Loophole by Google and Amazon • Big Tech’s Latest Artist Relations Debacle: Mass Filings of NOIs to Avoid Paying Statutory Royalties (Part 1) — Music Tech Solut
View All Entries
View All Jobs
Synchronization Creative Manager (LA)
Posted: Jan 23, 2017
Music Sales Corp. is currently seeking a Creative Manager, Synchronization for our Santa Monica office.
• Pitch Music Sales’ catalog of publishing and master rights for film, television, advertising, trailers, promos, and games.
• Seek, make contact, and meet with the studio and music supervision community for purposes of recommending music, marketing, and securing synchronization licenses.
• Coordinate with publishing and master counterparts on shared master/publishing requests.
• Meet with writers and writer management to update them on projects and better assist in pitching for new opportunities.
• Research film and television production schedules and maintain a list of creative music contacts.
• Represent Music Sales at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers, and other industry events.
• Send out e-mail blasts and other forms of promotion.
• Perform such other duties as reasonably may be required or assigned.
• A minimum of two to three years of experience creating, developing, and maintaining significant relationships in the film and television music community, specifically within music supervision
• Motivated, responsive and collegial team player able to work diplomatically with internal and external constituents.
• Demonstrate a high level of creativity in music recommendations and projects.
• Ability to create and maintain relationships with clients.
• Strong work ethic, attention to detail, and organizational skills.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change and improvements within scope of work.
• Understanding of US and international copyright basics.
• Excellent computer skills and a working knowledge of Windows and Outlook; knowledge of iMaestro is a plus.
Music Sales Corp. / G. Schirmer Inc. (Music Sales) is a leading independent music publisher with offices in Los Angeles, New York, London, Berlin, Paris, Barcelona, Tokyo, Copenhagen, and Sydney. Home to a vast catalog spanning both pop and classical music, Music Sales functions as a full service music publisher and copyright administrator with a focus on promoting and exploiting their copyrights in the film, television and advertising world. The Los Angeles office offers a one-stop shop for music professionals, providing everything from publishing services and music supervision to songwriting and production.
We offer a competitive salary as well as health and dental insurance and enrollment in our company's 401k plan.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
NY Roundtable Series - Upcoming CRB Hearings
ASCAP I Create Music Expo
Billboard Latin Music Conference & Awards
AIMP Nashville Awards // SAVE THE DATE
Music Licensing Regime Is Out Of Tune View More
How much should writers and publishers get paid? with Rich Stumpf of Atlas Music Publishing View More
See all Articles
YouTube Basic for Rights Holders - FREE Webinar
by A. Davis
View Full Post
SISTA JEANS BLUES MACHINE WINS HMMA AWARD FOR BEST BLUES BAND
by J. McClain(MaShay)
View Full Post
See all Posts
Stay Informed About The Copyright Royalty Board & Sony Music publishers and songwriters are currently in the middle of the Section 115 rate proceeding to set royalties for our mechanica …
Statement From The AIMP, A2IM & CMPA Regarding The DoJ Position
We, the undersigned, represent the independent music publishing and record label community in North America, and w …