View All Jobs
Director Of Licensing (LA or NY)
Posted: Mar 02, 2017
Warner Music Group
This position can be based in Los Angeles, CA or New York, NY.
High Level Job Description: Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision, is responsible for contacting and developing sales relationship with clients for purposes of recommending and licensing music from Warner/Chappell Production Music’s library for exploitation in Ad Campaigns, Digital Media, and other various sync areas as directed by supervisor.
Detailed Job Description/Responsibilities(Include the following, other duties may be assigned):
- Meets monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives as set forth by management.
- Contacts and develops sales relationships via frequent visits, emails and phone calls.
- Conducts music searches and determines appropriate music to pitch from company’s library for various projects.
- Negotiates fees and pricing to for both needledrop placements, blanket deals and custom projects.
- Directs the on-going management, relationship development and revenue maximization from existing clients within assigned book of business.
- Handles all necessary correspondence from related companies, clients and/or producers requesting fee quotations and license requests for use of Company’s products contained in its catalogue.
- Executes daily sales duties utilizing strategic selling skills to properly ascertain prospect/client needs in relationship to Warner/Chappell Production Music’s product offerings.
- Provides ongoing and satisfactory service to existing clientele as assigned and set forth by management. Satisfactory service shall be determined at the sole discretion of the Company. Ongoing service includes, but is not limited to, regularly contacting clients via phone, email or in person, conducting appropriate music searches, pitching library music and custom music ideas, attending client meetings, as well as performing unique duties that satisfy any other special requirements and/or needs a client may have.
- Oversees/delegates the preparation and issuance of licenses and invoices, collection fees, and provides the necessary information regarding the accounts to respective department(s).
- Responsible for collecting any and all fees due to company relating to assigned accounts/contacts and new business deals.
- Maintains ongoing knowledge and familiarity of company’s library of music
- Updates all areas of a client/prospect’s database profile consistent with company guidelines after each contact and/or activity.
- Attends various Sales or Company meetings (these may be weekly, monthly, and/or annually) and contributes to discussions by freely sharing information that is of strategic or tactical value to the Sales Team and Company. Responsible for completing assigned pre-meeting research and/or assignments. May be required to conduct various presentations during meetings.
- Attends trade-shows and conferences on behalf of the company, as directed.
- May be required to travel.
- Calls and follow-ups on leads received at any trade shows or conferences within 10 days, leads generated through the Warner/Chappell Production Music website within 24 hours, and return all in-coming calls prior to departing at the conclusion of each day.
- Assists in special projects and in other areas, as needed.
- Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
- Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company’s Code of Conduct and core values.
- Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
- Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
- Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- None-potentially an intern.
- Must have general computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Knowledge of general business practices.
- Possess a strong work ethic.
- Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments.
- Produce quality work and be accountable.
- Manage time.
- Ability to work well in team.
- Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work.
- Anticipates needs and creates efficient and effective processes.
- Self-starter, self-motivated and takes responsibility/ownership of tasks.
- Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
- Consistently takes initiative.
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations.
- A minimum of three (3) years of sales and/or creative licensing experience, preferably within a music publishing or related company, or at an agency or network where you were directly involved with selecting/pitching music and negotiating fees. Current contacts/relationships with Ad Agencies, Post Houses, Corporate Accounts and Government agencies is a plus.
- A baccalaureate degree is desired, preferably with a degree in music business.
- A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
If interested, apply on company's website.
Login now to register for events and access your members area.
This Trial Will Determine Songwriters' Income Over the Next 5 Years
by E. Jacobson, Esq.
View Full PostYouTube Basic for Rights Holders - FREE Webinar
by A. Davis
View Full PostSee all Posts
NMPA & NSAI Present Case to CRB
The NMPA and NSAI will begin presenting their case to the Copyright Royalty Board (CRB) on March 8th to determine the new mechanic …
Stay Informed About The Copyright Royalty Board & Sony
Music publishers and songwriters are currently in the middle of the Section 115 rate proceeding to set royalties for our mechanica …